Recognizing Youth that are “Setting A Good Example” for Others
The Dionisio Family has founded and endowed the SAGE Scholarship with an initial pledge of $50,000 whose purpose is to recognize children and young adults for their outstanding volunteer contributions to other children.
Each year, at least two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to the female and male that have “set a good example” for others through their outstanding contributions to children, the community or world groups that are dedicated to helping children.
Although not a requirement, these scholarships are being given out with the understanding that the recipient, once they become adults, will one day give back to this program or to the children in their community in a meaningful way.
Important accomplishments for applicants will be measured by their volunteer efforts that enable youth to help themselves, improve the quality of life for children and their families locally or globally, affect a diverse group of children or generally try to make life more enjoyable for children across the county, state or world.
1. Any child or young adult ranging in age from 5 – 18 (and any aged graduating senior), who lives in the Greater Olney area or attends school there. The candidate must be interested in pursuing a higher education at an accredited college, university, vocational or business school.
2. The selection criteria for the scholarship is based on:
· Meeting the requirements in #1
· Exhibited volunteer service that benefited children
· Personal Qualifications and Accomplishments
· (3) Letters of reference from adult coaches, teachers, community members or religious leaders
· Submitting a short essay about “How I Set A Good Example” for other children and what it meant to them
3. The scholarship will be awarded to the recipient at OBGC’s Ball of Fame each year.
4. Return all required papers to:
OBGC/Olney Boy’s and Girl’s Community Sports Association
Attention: SAGE Scholarship
P.O. Box 2
Olney, MD 20830
5. The deadline for returning applications is February 8, 2013. All information submitted will be confidential and will be retained by the Olney Boys and Girls Community Sports Association. For additional information, contact the OBGC at 301-570-7049.
Guardian or Head of Household and Relationship to Applicant______________________
Name of school currently attending____________________________________________
References and phone number: 1) ____________________________________________
*Attach reference letters, personal qualifications and accomplishments on a separate page.
*Attach a short essay about explaining how you have “set a good example” and what helping others means to you.
The deadline for returning applications is February 8, 2013. All information submitted will be confidential and will be retained by the Olney Boys and Girls Community Sports Association. For additional information, contact OBGC at 301-570-7049.