Olney Boys and Girls Community Sports Association
IMPORTANT OBGC PARK RULES:
For the safety of our children and families, parking along the entrance driveway at OBGC is prohibited. Violators may be towed. Please take an extra minute to drive up into the parking lot to find a space. Thank you for your cooperation.
We hope your family has a great experience and to help ensure your safety, please follow these OBGC Park rules:
1. ALL PARENTS, COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT
2. No Dogs at OBGC Park. Violators will be asked to leave immediately!
3. No Smoking or Drinking Alcohol
4. Please drive SLOWLY!
5. No peanuts or tree-nuts
6. Please supervise your children closely and do not allow them to climb on fences or play in the parking lots or near the ponds.
7. No scooters, bikes, roller blades or skateboards
8. Please keep the Park clean and use trash and recycling bins.
9. At 1st sign of thunder/lightning, clear fields & seek shelter.
OBGC Park is a private facility and we reserve the right to remove anyone from the park for breaking OBGC rules.
Code of Conduct
Parents will understand that OBGC and its activities are for the benefit of children and parents are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with creating a positive experience for children and their families. As a Parent or Guardian of a child registered with OBGC, you are responsible for the conduct of your guests and other family members. OBGC will not tolerate a parent yelling at or belittling a child, officials, coaches or other parents in any way. Any and all violations of the Code of Conduct will result in sanctions and may lead to the immediate expulsion of that parent from an event and other OBGC activities.
As an adult and role model, children are influenced by my words and actions. I agree to the following:
1. I will remember that all children participate to have fun and that games are for youths, not adults.
2. I will be a positive role model for children and will encourage them to reach the highest levels of sportsmanship and
to play by the rules.
3. I will be respectful and courteous of others, and will encourage players, officials and coaches through my positive
actions and attitude.
4. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike behavior with an official, coach, player or parent such as arguing,
booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures.
5. I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches and officials with respect regardless of age, race, creed, color,
gender or ability.
6. I will not be aggressive or hostile towards another individual and will teach my child to resolve conflicts without
resorting to violence or argument.
7. I will not ridicule or yell at my child or any other participant for making a mistake and will not hold a specific child
responsible for losing a competition.
8. I will respect and support the officials and coaches authority during games and will never argue with, question,
discuss or confront officials or coaches.
9. I will do my best to make youth sports fun for all children
Any player, coach or parent that is thrown out of a game for any violation of the above code of conduct will automatically be suspended from playing or attending at least one additional game. Additional suspension time or disqualification from the team completely may be considered if the code of conduct violation is severe.
NOTE: Any and all reported violations will be submitted to the Disciplinary Committee of the Board of Directors for action which can include sanctions and or expulsion from OBGC sponsored events. To file reports of misconduct please complete the Grievance Procedure below and return to OBGC.
In order to better protect children that participate in our programs, OBGC implemented a mandatory background check policy for all staff and (adult) volunteers. The information collected by the online system, along with the actual background check itself, will be handled confidentially by an outside vendor that specializes in background checks. Results are reported to the Board’s Risk Management Committee for confidential review. When required, Risk Management will contact a volunteer that has "failed" the screening and suspend him/her from coaching. Volunteers that "fail" the screening are notified of the appeal process. All volunteers need to click on the "KidSafe" tab and provide basic information that does not include social security number.
OBGC will attempt to honor mutually submitted carpool requests made during the registration process for all sports. Requests filled after the registration process will not be processed. OBGC strives to make the skill levels of all teams as equal as possible and in certain circumstances we will have to deny carpool requests to maintain this balance.
Lightning is a dangerous phenomenon. Athletic teams that pactice and compete outdoors are at risk when the weather is inclement. The Olney Boys & Girls Club (OBGC) has developed the following lightning safety policy, which must be followed to minimize the risk of injury from lightning strike to its athletes, coaches, and fans. This policy will be strictly enforced, as the safety of our players is paramount.
The responsibility for removing athletes from a practice or playing area in a timely manner lies with the head coach of the respective OBGC team(s). If the head coach is not present, an assistant coach will assume responsibility. In the event that no coaches are present, the parents of the players will be responsible for the evacuation of the of the area.
If at any time lightning is seen or thunder is heard at the field, all play must be stopped immediately and all players, coaches, and fans need evacuate the area and seek shelter. Play cannot continue until there has been a 30-minute waiting period after the last lightning flash is seen. Even if weather conditions appear to have improved within the 30-minute window, you must wait the required time. Lightning can strike from as far as 10 miles away.
At the OBGC park, the proper evacuation area is in your personal vehicle. There are no other safe areas! At other facilities, in the Olney area, please evacuate to your vehicles for the required 30-minute waiting period. If unable to reach safe shelter or a parked vehicle, persons should stay away from tall poles or trees, metal objects (i.e. fences, bleachers, etc.), standing pools of water, and open field
The onus of removing a team or individual from an athletic site in the event of lightning activity is on the coach supervising the activity. The safety of all team members rests with that coach. Coaches who do not comply with the above are subject to immediate disciplinary action by the OBGC Board of Directors.
For any inquiries, questions or commendations, please call: 301-570-7049 or fill out the following form
OBGC Community Park Address
4501 Olney-Laytonsville Dr.
Olney, MD 20832
OBGC Mailing Address:
PO Box 2
Olney, MD 2830
Weather Hotline: 301-260-9004